25 Nationally Recognized Afterschool Leaders Include Many Bridge Alumni
by School's Out Washington | | Posted under
Last spring, the National Afterschool Association announced its list of the twenty-five most influential people in the afterschool community! Many of these leaders are a part of our extended School’s Out Washington family including past presenters at our annual Bridge Conference leading sessions on cutting-edge research, best practices and innovative strategies in working with youth.
You can view the full list of award recipients and special mention below of those we have been honored to include in our Bridge Conference as keynotes and presenters:
- Ellen S. Gannett, M.ED, Director, National Institute on Out-of-School Time, Wellesley Centers for Women at Wellesley College
- Gil Noam, Ed.D. PhD, Foundation and Director, Program in Education, Afterschool and Resiliency, Harvard University
- Terry Peterson, PhD, Director, Afterschool and Community Learning Network
- Sam Piha, Founder and Principal, Director, Temescal Associates, Learning in Afterschool & Summer Project
- Karen J. Pittman, President and CEO, the Forum for Youth Investment
- Charles Smith, PhD, Executive Director, David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality
- Deborah Lowe Vandell, Founding Dean, School of Education, University of California Irvine
Check-out who will be joining us this year at our 2014 Bridge Conference to deliver inspiring keynotes around our theme of Making Learning Personal.
We look forward to another year of opportunities to hear from passionate leaders in the afterschool, education and youth development arenas around how to connect with young people and create opportunities for a bright future.
Posted in:| Permalink | Share: Facebook Twitter
← Next Post Previous Post →