A few words of advice
by School's Out Washington | | Posted under
School’s Out staff answer the question:
What advice do you have for people considering entering the child and youth development profession?
- Janet says, “It’s the best field to have an impact on youth.”
- Amanda says, “Find your niche. There are lots of options for areas of focus in afterschool and youth development, like: education, social skills development, character development, financial empowerment, literacy, recreation, and fun!”
- Zach says, “Embrace the creative freedom with how you are able to support youth. You have the opportunity to support their success in school and more importantly in life.
- Glen says, “Everything you do prepares you for the next thing you will be doing.”
- Jessie says, “Listen to youth. Ask them how they are doing and mean it.”
- Mari says, “Recognize that you are part of a vital profession that contributes to positive outcomes for young people in school and life.”
- Regina says, “Join us at the King County Youth Development Network networking meeting next week! The King County Youth Engagement Practitioners Cadre will share their expertise!” May 16, Seattle Public Library, University Branch. Learn more!
- Nicola says, “My advice is to have fun. To be flexible. To be committed to constantly learning more about youth development and from the kids themselves. To partner with parents, teacher and community as much as possible.”
In closing, take all advice with a grain of salt. Here’s some advice from the internet.
Posted in:| Permalink | Share: Facebook Twitter
← Next Post Previous Post →