In the news…
by School's Out Washington | | Posted under
Here are the latest headlines highlighting afterschool and youth development programs and issues of interest to the field:
- School’s Out Washington CEO Mari Offenbecher and Robert B. Gilbertson, Jr., CEO of YMCA of Greater Seattle, co-authored an op-ed piece in The Seattle Times focused on why we should all care about preventing summer learning loss.
- The Seattle Times columnist Jerry Large profiles the North Seattle Boys & Girls Club celebrating their 70th anniversary.
- Learn about a Feed Your Brain site in Rainier, WA highlighted in The Nisqually Valley News.
- Learn about a Feed Your Brain site in Chewelah profiled on Northwest Public Radio.
- Here are some ideas from Lisa Pemberton, staff columnist at The Olympian, on keeping kids busy and learning during the summer months.
- Learn about a summer science program in Poulsbo in The North Kitsap Herald.
- Kids in Washougal school district receive free summer meals, activities and camps this summer.
Posted in:| Permalink | Share: Facebook Twitter
← Next Post Previous Post →