Structural Racism Workshops
In 2013, School's Out Washington received funding from the City of Seattle to develop race-based training opportunities for the staff of expanded learning opportunities. The result of that work was a group of trainings addressing Structural Racism and Cultural Competency. This included the Structural Racism workshop, which we offer for free multiple times per year. We also hosted a Training of Trainers session in 2016 were we instructed people from around Washington in giving this training.
Don't see a time and place that works for you? You can contact Teresa Rende if you are interested in having our trainers provide the Structural Racism training for your staff.
There are no currently scheduled events that fit this category.
Core Competency Content Area ?
- I: Child/Adolescent Growth and Development
- II: Learning Environment & Curriculum
- III: Child/Adolescent Observation and Assessment
- IV: Families, Communities, and Schools
- V: Safety and Wellness
- VI: Interactions with Children and Youth
- VII: Program Planning and Development
- VIII: Professional Development & Leadership
- IX: Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- X: Youth Empowerment