Cultural Responsiveness (City DEEL, Seattle, Mar 19, 2020)
STARS Credits: 3
Cultural Responsiveness - An Inclusive Approach for Youth Programs
The Cultural Responsiveness: An Inclusive Approach for Youth Programs workshop explores cultural identities, perspectives, and relationships that impact youth and shares best practices for an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment for all youth.
This offering trains professionals to understand and implement the guiding principles of Cultural Responsiveness: Quality programs respect and are responsive to the diversity of program participants, their families, and community.
This workshop is recommended for Levels 1-3 (intermediate) Child and Youth Development Professionals and will focus on Content Area IX: Cultural Competence and Responsiveness in the Washington State Core Competencies for Child and Youth Development Professionals.
- Define terms of power, privilege, equality and equity issues that impact youth
- Learn the characteristics of inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environments for all youth
- Begin recognizing best practice behaviors; and discuss ways to incorporate aspects of Cultural Competency and Responsiveness into your program
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
This workshop is for City of Seattle cohorts 9 & 10 members only.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.