Job Listing: Executive Assistant (Temporary)
School’s Out Washington (SOWA) is an independent 501c3 organization serving the field of afterschool and youth development (AYD) throughout Washington State. School’s Out Washington is dedicated to building community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development and summer programs for Washington’s children and youth ages 5 to young adulthood.
The Executive Assistant provides support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for School’s Out Washington and is responsible for all necessary support functions for the SOWA Board of Directors which includes communication, meeting logistics and preparation for meetings.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: 801 23rd Ave S, Ste. A, Seattle, WA 98144
- Maintain calendar for executive officer, organize and coordinate meetings including all-staff convenings, correspondence, and retreats;
- Maintain excellent communication with Board of Directors, Executive Committee members and potential board members;
- Provide logistical assistance in arranging Board of Directors meetings as well as regular committee meetings;
- Provide support to Board of Directors meetings including preparing pre-meeting materials, staffing meetings and taking and preparing minutes;
- Maintain Board of Director files and documents;
- Track and manage special projects for the CEO and ensure that deadlines are met;
- Track and process check requests, mileage and credit card expenses;
- Support CEO on coordination of special projects as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Strong computer literacy skills, particularly in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team;
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism, and other discriminatory practices.
Hours and Employment StatusPosition is temporary (start date at earliest availability through March), and part time at around 15-20 hours/week. Potential to turn into permanent position for the right person.
Hourly Salary Range: $23-$26/hour, depending on experience. As a temporary position, this position is not eligible for benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a statement of interest and resume to Elizabeth Whitford. Applicants will receive consideration on a rolling basis.
School's Out Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School's Out Washington has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.