Data Systems Administrator
School’s Out Washington (SOWA) is an independent 501c3 organization serving the field of afterschool and youth development throughout Washington State. School’s Out Washington is dedicated to building community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development and summer programs for Washington's children and youth ages 5 through young adulthood.
The Data Systems Administrator at School’s Out Washington serves the dual function of providing day-to-day data entry for Salesforce and the Elevate Washington website, as well as general administration and customer support.
Reports to: Salesforce Administrator and Technical Project Manager
Location: 801 23rd Avenue South, Seattle, Washington, or remote within Washington state
Database Support — Salesforce
- Oversee the conversion of all leads into contacts;
- Ensure high data quality by maintaining the formatting of fields, aligning data entry methods, enforcing naming conventions, and removing duplicate entries in Salesforce;
- Assist in the generation of reports for staff members;
- Document instructions on Salesforce procedures, as necessary;
- Manage email subscriptions for contact records while working with the email platform (MailChimp) integration;
- Process donation records and responses to donors;
- Assist in data entry.
Member System Support — Elevate Washington
*Note that “members” are generally Expanded Learning Opportunities (afterschool and youth development) staff or stakeholders
- Provide day-to-day customer service and data system administration;
- Monitor member and third-party systems, including automated email;
- Troubleshoot and report data/system errors; escalate issues to project lead
- Review/edit member-submitted content for style and accuracy; curate member content as needed;
- Contact and support members in updating their data;
- Update internal and public-facing documentation;
- Generate basic member system data reports;
- Support quality assurance testing;
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices;
- Support ongoing organizational cultural competency;
- Always serve as an ambassador to the organization both formally and informally;
- Respond to requests for information and resources and make referrals to outside resources;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in database management and/or data entry; Salesforce experience preferred;
- Strong computer literacy skills, particularly in Microsoft Office;
- Website management (WordPress, etc.) preferred;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both in person and through email;
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks using established project management tools and protocols;
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to collaborate with and learn from team members;
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals, groups, communities, and organizations;
- Must be able to independently travel to the Seattle office occasionally for mandatory all staff retreats, meetings, and conferences;
- Competencies: Initiative, collaboration/partnership, oral/written communication, attention to detail, ethics and integrity, flexibility, professionalism, demonstrated commitment to racial equity.
Hours and benefits: 40 hours
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Non-Exempt.
Salary: $19 - $22 per hour, DOE.
Generous Benefit Package: including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and paid time off policy.
School’s Out Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, people living with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the subject line "Data Systems Administrator."
Please send your resume and cover letter as one document. Cover letters should be no more than 2 pages and should outline how your professional background, experience, interests and passions specifically correlate to the position and School’s Out Washington’s mission and work.
Applications received by Monday, January 4th will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted after this date. However, preferential consideration is given to those resumes submitted by January 4th. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.