Job Listing: Customer and Data Systems Admin
School’s Out Washington (SOWA) is an independent 501c3 organization serving the field of afterschool and youth development throughout Washington State. School’s Out Washington is dedicated to building community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development and summer programs for Washington's children and youth ages 5 through young adulthood.
School’s Out Washington is launching a new website: Elevate Washington – a community resource and multifaceted data platform that captures Washington’s youth-serving programs. The Customer & Data Systems Administrator’s primary role will be to support this website and the program providers who use it. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service and admin skills and some experience with databases. We will provide training on specific technical programs used as necessary.
The Customer & Data Systems Administrator at School’s Out Washington serves the dual function of providing day-to-day customer and systems support for the Elevate Washington website and general Salesforce administration.
Reports to: Salesforce Administrator and Technical Project Manager
Location: 801 23rd Avenue South, Seattle, Washington
Website Support and Management - Elevate Washington (60%)
*Please note that “users” are generally Expanded Learning Opportunities (afterschool and youth development) staff members or stakeholders.
- Provide day-to-day customer support for website users via email or by phone;
- Approve and manage organizational applications submitted by users;
- Contact and support users in updating their data;
- Conduct program partner outreach to increase website usage;
- Review content for style and accuracy and provide updates as needed;
- Support Technical Project Manager in monitoring website traffic and using the information to make informed recommendations regarding website improvements;
- Generate basic reporting.
Database Management - Salesforce (30%)
- Ensure high data quality by maintaining the formatting of fields, aligning data entry methods, enforcing naming conventions, and removing duplicate entries in Salesforce;
- Assist in the generation of reports for staff members;
- Document instructions on Salesforce procedures, as necessary;
- Manage email subscriptions for contact records while working with the mail platform integration;
- Process donation records and responses to donors;
- Assist in data entry.
Other Responsibilities (10%)
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices;
- Support ongoing organizational cultural competency;
- Serve as an ambassador to the organization at all times both formally and informally;
- Answer telephone, respond to requests for information and resources and make referrals to outside resources;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer literacy skills, particularly in Microsoft Office;
- Website management (WordPress, etc.) and social media experience preferred;
- Experience in database management and/or data entry; Salesforce experience preferred;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both in person and through email;
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to collaborate with and learn from team members;
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals, groups, communities, and organizations;
- Must be able to independently travel between work-related appointments;
- Competencies: initiative, collaboration/partnership, oral/written communication, attention to detail, organizational understanding, ethics and integrity, flexibility, professionalism, fostering diversity, racial equity and social justice.
Hours and Benefits
This is a full-time position: 40 hours
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Non-exempt
Salary: $18-$21 per hour, DOE
Generous Benefit Package: including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and Paid Time Off policy.
School’s Out Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, people living with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the subject line "Customer & Data Systems Admin."
Alternatively, you may apply through our employment portal: Apply For This Position
Please send your resume and cover letter as one document. Cover letters should be no more than 2 pages and should outline how your professional background, experience, interests and passions specifically correlate to the position and School’s Out Washington’s mission and work.
Applications received by Monday, November 4th will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted after this date. However, preferential consideration is given to those resumes submitted by November 4th. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.