Job Listing: Temporary Accountant
School’s Out Washington Job Opening: Temporary Accountant
School’s Out Washington has an immediate opening for a Temporary Accountant. The position will be based at our Seattle office, conveniently located on 23rd Avenue near Judkins Park. 32 hours/week, flexible schedule, $29-$32/hour through May 22, 2020.
This is an excellent option for a candidate interested in a short term opportunity to use their accounting expertise, earn a competitive salary, and learn more about the important work of our non-profit organization.
Please see job description below for more details. If interested, please email cover letter and resume to Liz Director at email@example.com.
Job Description: Temporary Accountant
School’s Out Washington (SOWA) is an independent 501(c)(3) organization serving the field of afterschool and youth development (AYD) throughout Washington State. School’s Out Washington is dedicated to building community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development and summer programs for Washington’s children and youth ages 5 to young adulthood.
Position Summary: The SOWA Accountant serves as the primary staff position providing general accounting support to the organization. This is a temporary position 32 hours/week from late February 2020 to late May 2020. Schedule is negotiable but preference will be given to candidates able to commit to a regular schedule onsite at our Seattle office within the hours of 8A-6P M-F.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)
Location: 801 23rd Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144
- Reconcile asset and liability accounts monthly including but not limited to payroll accruals and liabilities;
- Manage adjusting journal entries for cash vs accrual corrections;
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable including document review; entry of bills, credit card charges, and vendor information into QuickBooks; and maintenance of vendor files;
- Compile and review all supporting documentation for invoices and payments, enter customer and invoice data into QuickBooks, review open invoices and follow-up with Program Managers
- Work closely with HR to assure information submitted to 3rd party payroll vendor is correct; make bi-monthly journal entries to record payroll in QuickBooks
- Work closely with HR to review monthly benefit bills and coordinate payment and funding
- Enter 2020 budget into QuickBooks; prepare monthly budget reports for Program Managers
- Complete quarterly city and state tax forms and returns;
- Prepare schedules for auditors.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all bank, cash, and credit card accounts;
- Prepare and enter all month-end expense allocation journal entries
- Export sales information from Shopify and Salesforce into QuickBooks
- Assist DFA with special projects as needed
- Comply with federal, state, county, city and organization policies, procedures, and regulations
- Maintain complete confidentiality regarding organizational financial information, including but not limited to payroll information.
- B.A. or A.A. in accounting or related field required.
- Two to four years professional accounting experience, additional years may be substituted for higher education;
- Demonstrated proficiency in QuickBooks (super user a plus);
- Demonstrated experience using and applying GAAP;
- Strong understanding and use of Microsoft suite including a high level of Excel skills;
- Experience working in and/or living in diverse communities preferred;
- Must be flexible and able to work with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at one time;
- Competencies: QuickBooks knowledge, adaptability, attention to detail, strict observance of timelines and deadlines, written and verbal communication, open communication, initiative, analytical thinking, decision making, ethics and integrity, collaboration/partnership, achieving measureable results, racial equity and social justice advocacy.