School’s Out Washington (SOWA) is an independent 501c3 organization serving the field of afterschool and youth development throughout Washington State. School’s Out Washington is dedicated to building community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development and summer programs for Washington's children and youth ages 5 through young adulthood.
School’s Out Washington’s Marketing Manager will develop and implement digital and print communications strategies to support SOWA’s mission and programs. This person will work with the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships to develop annual and ongoing communications and marketing priorities and strategies and work across teams to support SOWA’s work.
Reports to: School’s Out Washington Director of Philanthropic Partnerships
Location: 801 23rd Ave S, Seattle, or remote within Washington state
Communications Oversight - 20%
- Create and manage agency communications and marketing calendar
- Oversee SOWA’s brand on website, social media, and other communications
- Develop and maintain style guides for social media, print communications, PowerPoints, etc.
Digital Marketing - 50%
- Develop strategy, generate content for, and coordinate social media and blog
- Oversee SOWA’s website – updates, general maintenance
- Design and curate content for SOWA emails
- Coordinate and send advocacy emails through Phone2Action, our new action alert system
- Provide marketing support for our annual Bridge conference – website, emails, social media
- Help develop digital fundraising campaign on social media, monthly giving on website, etc.
Design and Print Communications - 25%
- Design flyers, advocacy pieces, and promotional materials
- Coordinate production of major communications projects such as the annual report
- Manage organizational images on ACDSee – uploading and tagging images, maintaining release forms, procuring new images as needed through photo shoots or purchase of stock images
Other responsibilities - 5%
- Actively participate as a member of the Development and Communications teams for SOWA
- Participate in staff meetings, all staff racial equity trainings, and occasional staff retreats
- 3-5 years experience in communications or marketing
- Demonstrated commitment to working toward racial equity and undoing institutional and structural racism
- Experience in developing social media strategy and curating content
- Strong project management and planning, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred
- Skilled in visual design and proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Website management (WordPress, etc.)
- Experience with digital fundraising campaigns and digital marketing is a plus
- Sense of humor, humility, and accountability is a must
Hours and benefits: 40 hours
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Exempt
Salary: $52,500 – $60,000
Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and generous paid time off.
School’s Out Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. People of Color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the subject line "Marketing Manager."
Please send your resume and cover letter as one document. Cover letters should be no more than 2 pages and should outline how your professional background, experience, interests, and passions specifically correlate to the position and School’s Out Washington’s mission and work.
Applications received by July 17, 2020 will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted after this date. However, preferential consideration is given to those resumes submitted by July 17, 2020. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.