School’s Out Washington offers an affordable, quality online training program to fulfill your 20-hour STARS credit requirement for professionals working in Department of Early Learning (DEL) licensed school-age programs.
We have partnered with the National Afterschool Association and Child Care Aware to offer the latest in training for afterschool and youth development professionals in Washington State. These online courses can be taken on your own time wherever you have internet access.
- This course series, and the final live training provided by School’s Out Washington, qualify for the School-Age Initial Training Requirement, 20 Hour STARS.
- This self-paced series is made up of 10 two-hour courses designed with content from Roberta L Newman, renowned expert in School-Age Childcare Training.
- All courses are aligned with the Washington State Core Competencies for Child and Youth Development Professionals, national competencies and Washington State Quality Standards for Afterschool & Youth Development Programs.
- The course series is designed with in-depth curriculum content, interactivity, and certificates.
- Useful resources and real life scenarios are a part of every course.
- Cost of the entire program is just $100.00 per learner.
- Successful completion of the program is then automatically updated with STARS/MERIT.
- Site directors can view reports of each trainee’s progress.