RFQ: Planning Consultant
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday, April 19
School’s Out Washington (SOWA), is seeking a consultant to provide an in-depth planning process for developing the King County Best Starts for Kids (BSK) Out-of-School Time (OST) strategy and the Request for Proposal (RFP) process. Planning activities will include the following:
- Develop a framework for an in-depth planning process including engaging community partners to develop the OST strategy and the RFP processes for awarding grants to community partners;
- Articulate a theory of change and programmatic approach for the OST strategy;
- Prepare RFP and selection rubric, based on stakeholder input.
SOWA’s mission is to provide services and guidance for organizations to ensure all young people have safe places to learn and grow when not in school. SOWA does not work directly with youth, but through an array of services strengthens programs to empower Washington’s children and youth ages 5 to young adulthood. As the leading OST intermediary organization in Washington State, SOWA is uniquely qualified to provide administrative oversight for the BSK Quality OST investment.
Goals for Planning
The King County Best Starts for Kids (BSK) levy will invest more than $129 million in student’s ages 5-24 years over the next five years. Increasing access to quality out-of-school time programs is a key strategy to address the approach of building resiliency of youth and reducing risky behaviors. As the County moves into the implementation process, SOWA will provide administration and oversight to the grant making and quality supports for Out-of-School Time investments of BSK. The outcome for the planning process will be to develop the OST strategy and RFP processes for awarding grants to community partners.
Timeline for Planning Process: April 2017 – June 2017
|Scope of Work|
Strategy Development and Implementation Plan
- A programmatic plan for the OST strategy, detailing the theory of change and program approach
- Guidance Document for the RFP process
- RFP and selection rubric
- Report documenting the engagement process
- Experience in strategy and RFP development
- Extensive experience leading a group process to develop a plan
- Extensive experience working with groups comprised of representatives of multiple organizations
Total cost for the project will not exceed $40,000.
Interested individuals should provide a written response in no more than 2 pages which includes:
- Consultant’s approach and relevant experience
- A timeline and budget for the project deliverables
Email response to Mari Offenbecher (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 5:00 pm.