30 Hour School-Age Basics (Seattle, Apr 25 & May 2, 2020)
STARS Credits: 3030 Hour School Age Initial Training Requirement (or STARS Basic) for working effectively with children ages 5-12. Content meets minimum Washington State Licensing requirement for new staff. This two day class, covering all 10 Basics Modules, is accompanied by 15 hours of take-home work and reading. You must attend both all day sessions and complete all homework (assigned during the event) to get credit and receive a certificate of completion.
Lunch will be provided by SOWA. Please be sure to identify dietary restrictions during checkout. Two day class (plus homework) will cover all 10 basics modules.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
- I: Child/Adolescent Growth and Development
- II: Learning Environment & Curriculum
- III: Child/Adolescent Observation and Assessment
- IV: Families, Communities, and Schools
- V: Safety and Wellness
- VI: Interactions with Children and Youth
- VII: Program Planning and Development
- VIII: Professional Development & Leadership
- IX: Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- X: Youth Empowerment
Quality Standard Domain ?
- Assessment, Planning & Improvement
- Family, School & Community Connections
- Program & Activities
- Safety & Wellness
- Youth Leadership & Engagement
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.