30-Hour School-Age Initial Training Requirement (STARS Basics, Snohomish Co, Oct 28 & Nov 4)
STARS Credits: 30
30 Hour School Age Initial Training Requirement (or STARS Basic) for working effectively with children ages 5-12. Content meets minimum Washington State Licensing requirement for new staff. This two day class, covering all 10 Basics Modules, is accompanied by 15 hours of take-home work and reading. You must attend both all day sessions and complete all homework to get credit and receive a certificate of completion.
Lunch will be provided by SOWA. Please be sure to identify dietary restrictions during checkout. Two day class (plus homework) will cover all 10 basics modules.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
- I: Child/Adolescent Growth and Development
- II: Learning Environment & Curriculum
- III: Child/Adolescent Observation and Assessment
- IV: Families, Communities, and Schools
- V: Safety and Wellness
- VI: Interactions with Children and Youth
- VII: Program Planning and Development
- VIII: Professional Development & Leadership
- IX: Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- X: Youth Empowerment
Quality Standard Domain ?
- Assessment, Planning & Improvement
- Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- Family, School & Community Connections
- Leadership & Management
- Ongoing Staff & Volunteer Development
- Safety & Wellness
- Youth Leadership & Engagement
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received. If you have a question regarding payment, please call School’s Out Washington at (206)-336-6936.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.