Bridge Conference 2019
Bridge Conference 2019: Looking Back, Facing Forward
October 28 - 29, 2019
At this premier conference in the Pacific Northwest, come engage and explore with other expanded learning professionals at the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport in Renton.
Now in its 17th year, School’s Out Washington’s Bridge Conference brings together nationally renowned speakers, expanded learning professionals, school leaders, funders, researchers, policymakers, trainers/coaches and more to focus on:
- Engaging and interactive program practices
- Educational equity
- System thinking and partnership building
- Cutting-edge research, resources and strategies
2019 Bridge Conference: Looking Back, Facing Forward
As we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us, how do we ensure that young people can draw upon the past to ground their cultural identities, and raise the advancement for equity to the forefront? How do we widen our lens to truly acknowledge the expertise young people hold? How can we transform the roots of our history and shift systems to uplift the cultural identities of this next generation?
This year’s theme, Looking Back, Facing Forward, explores the importance of culture and the role it plays in shaping and empowering young people and their communities. We will hear from speakers who will share their knowledge and strategies to better create systems, organizations, and programs that affirm their intersectional identities.
Learn more about the art and artist, Crystal Christopherson here.
NEW THIS YEAR: Take Part in Our Social Media Photo Contest!
Enter our social media photo contest during Bridge 2019. First place winner has the chance to win free entry to both days of Bridge 2020! Second place wins a $50 gift card to the Hyatt Regency Hotel Lake Washington’s restaurant or marketplace.
We’re asking you to look back, while facing forward at Bridge 2019. Here’s how to enter:
- Post an original photo and caption inspired by Looking Back, Facing Forward, preferably taken at Bridge 2019. Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram are all fair game. You have from Monday (10/28) at 8:00 AM PST to Tuesday (10/29) at 1:30 PM PST.
- Add the hashtag #BridgeSOWA in the caption and make sure to tag @SchoolsOutWA. You can follow us to stay updated and check out the finalist on our pages @SchoolsOutWA!
- Entries will be judged by a mix of creativity, aesthetic, and relation to the theme.
To read the full list of contest rules, click here.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org