Closing Webinar: Online 30 Hour School-Age Basics (Sep 29, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM)
STARS Credits: 30
This closing webinar is the final step to completing the 30 Hour School-Age Basics Online. The closing webinar is required to receive STARS credit.
This course meets basic STARS training requirements for those providing care to school age children in Washington State. The 30 Hour School-Age Basics course curriculum and learning outcomes meet Washington state Pre-Service Requirements.
Please note this training does not meet requirements for staff working with preschool and infants. Please use the MERIT portal to search early learning training opportunities.
Required to Participate:
- Completion of Homework
- Completion of Online 30 Hour Course (All 10 Modules)
- Logistics and expectations will be included in email invite
- Registered participants will receive a Zoom invitation link that will be sent to their email used during registration. Please be sure to accept the invite.
Closing Webinar will cover:
- Reflection on course experience & homework
- Peer share and networking
About the Instructor
School-Age staff working in licensed childcare/before and after school programs.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.