DO Conference (Walla Walla, Aug 24-27, 2020)
- Active Participation - All attendees will learn by doing in high-quality, intensive learning environments (aka, 4hrs of fun!).
- Contextual - Each session will highlight and emphasize implementation strategies and resources for afterschool education.
- Student Participation - Afterschool students will attend the conference and participate collaboratively with the professional attendees (i.e., you).
This conference is for everyone, with special emphasis on the "doers" in your organization (the frontline and coordinator staff). Workshop themes will include Next Gen, Storytelling, Recreation, Movement & Leisure, and Action & Change.
Finally, it is our belief that some of the best ideas, strongest relationships, and world-changing collaborations originate informally. As a result, food, networking and social opportunities abound.
The event will take place August 24-27, 2020 at Walla Walla Community College:
August 24, 2020 - Monday, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM (Welcoming & Plenary)
August 25, 2020 - Tuesday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Workshops)
August 26, 2020 - Wednesday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Workshops)
August 27, 2020 - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Showcase)
*For a complete schedule, go to doconference.org/schedule.
The DO Conference is a collaborative effort between OSPI-WA 21st CCLC, SOWA, the Center for Youth Program Quality, and WWPS 21st CCLC. Brent Cummings, 21st CCLC Program Director for Walla Walla Public Schools, also serves as the director of the DO Conference. Brent has nearly 15 years of experience in 21st CCLC programs and has successfully directed the past two renditions of this conference. He is excited for this year's offering, knowing that it will be the best yet!
Visit doconference.org for more information (frequent website and conference updates).
Current guestrooms at the Courtyard by Marriott-Walla Walla and The Finch will be amended to coincide with the new Conference dates. Please standby for new information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Lindy Ah Sam at 206-323-2396 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.