DO Conference (Walla Walla, June 22-25, 2020)
Continuing Education Clock Hours: 22
- Active Participation - All attendees will learn by doing in high-quality, intensive learning environments (aka, 4hrs of fun!).
- Contextual - Each session will highlight and emphasize implementation strategies and resources for afterschool education.
- Student Participation - Afterschool students will attend the conference and participate collaboratively with the professional attendees (i.e., you).
This conference is for everyone, with special emphasis on the "doers" in your organization (the frontline and coordinator staff). Workshop themes will include Next Gen, Storytelling, Recreation, Movement & Leisure, and Action & Change.
Finally, it is our belief that some of the best ideas, strongest relationships, and world-changing collaborations originate informally. As a result, food, networking and social opportunities abound.
The event will take place June 22-25, 2020 at Whitman College:
June 22, 2020 - Monday, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM (Welcoming & Plenary)
June 23, 2020 - Tuesday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Workshops)
June 24, 2020 - Wednesday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Workshops)
June 25, 2020 - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Showcase)
*For a complete schedule, go to doconference.org/schedule.
The DO Conference is a collaborative effort between OSPI-WA 21st CCLC, SOWA, the Center for Youth Program Quality, and WWPS 21st CCLC. Brent Cummings, 21st CCLC Program Director for Walla Walla Public Schools, also serves as the director of the DO Conference. Brent has nearly 15 years of experience in 21st CCLC programs and has successfully directed the past two renditions of this conference. He is excited for this year's offering, knowing that it will be the best yet!
Visit doconference.org for more information (frequent website and conference updates).
SOWA is holding a block of rooms for the nights of 6/22-24/2020 at the Courtyard by Marriott-Walla Walla at the current GPD rate of $96 + tax & fee per night for single or double occupancy; additional person rate may apply.
Please book your room by calling directly at 509-876-8100 and mentioning the group code SOWN for School’s Out Washington-DO Conference or online by using the link below.
Reservations is now open and must be received no later than 5/25/2020. You are responsible for your own travel and lodging costs. A credit card will be required upon booking.
Book Room-Courtyard by Marriott-DO Conference
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Lindy Ah Sam at 206-323-2396 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.