Embracing Family Diversity (Seattle, Nov. 20, 2018)
STARS Credits: 3
This workshop is the first program in the ongoing Welcoming Schools series through the Human Rights Campaign. This program provides professional development training for elementary school educators to welcome diverse families, create LGBTQ+ and gender inclusive schools, prevent bias-based bullying, and support transgender and non-binary students.
Embracing Family Diversity
- Learn the importance of seeing family diversity represented in your school.
- Understand family diversity as a means of teaching self-respect and respect for others.
- Be able to answer questions from students and families about the importance of embracing all families.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
- IV: Families, Communities, and Schools
- V: Safety and Wellness
- VI: Interactions with Children and Youth
- VIII: Professional Development & Leadership
- IX: Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
Quality Standard Domain ?
- Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- Family, School & Community Connections
- Safety & Wellness
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received. If you have a question regarding payment, please contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or (206) 336-6903.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.