Embracing Youth Centered Design (BSK, Oct 14, 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM)
STARS Credits: 2
As our world changes, we can design opportunities for our young people to be ready and able to address, challenge and problem solve daily in the world they will inherit. This training focuses on guiding youth professionals to explore the creation of authentic projects that provide engaging, meaningful learning experiences with youth in mind. We use the critical theorist lens to explore project learning as an opportunity to engage youth, connect and promote social justice.
Through experiential learning, participants in this training will be introduced and practice a step-by-step process for designing a sample project experience for their youth.
This session is a combination of a Methods training and a Learning Community Meeting. Participants will attend a training, and then deepen understanding and strategy by having a Learning Community Meeting immediate thereafter. Learn new skills, plan for implementation, and share learning with Best Starts cohort peers and others in the community!
Please note that this will be a virtual event, and it is strongly recommended to participate using a computer.
Join Zoom Meeting (Password listed on BSK Program Quality Timeline)
About the Instructor
This training is available to members of the community, and prioritizes registration for Best Starts for Kids cohort members.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.