Facilitating Engaging Workshops (Oct 8, 2:30-4:30 PM)
STARS Credits: 2
Transforming workshops into a virtual realm builds upon our creativity to think outside-the-box. However, how do we extend beyond the screen — and continue to develop strong connections for our workshop attendees? How can we work with technology to hold an interactive and inspiring space? Explore ideas and share best practices on how to facilitate engaging virtual workshops.
- Overview Zoom Basics; including how to use features such as the chat box, breakout rooms, polls, and more to support your learning objectives.
- Clarify expectations for a virtual learning environment. What are you expecting participants to take out of your workshop? What are participants expecting when they join the workshop? How can we meet those expectations in a virtual space?
- Set the tone with Group Norms and Agreements. Learn strategies to frame your workshop through group norms to hit the ground running.
- Explore engagement strategies and practices for building community. Get creative while you consider different access points for your attendees.
Photo Credit from Christina wocintechchat.com on Unsplash.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.