HELO Networking Meeting (HELO, Tukwila, Sept 10, 2020)
Providing site-based high-quality before– and after—school programs improves life outcomes for youth living in affordable housing. Achieving the desired outcomes we wish to see - thriving young adults, an end to intergenerational poverty, housing stability, and improved access to expanded learning opportunities - will require the housing, education, and out of school time sectors to work closely together to assess and improve services and leverage resources.
The Housing and Expanded Learning Opportunities (HELO) Network supports collaboration between housing providers, schools, and youth development programs to improve outcomes for youth and families living in affordable housing communities across King County.
If your program serves youth living in affordable housing communities, connect with us, contact Leah Bui for more information.
A light breakfast and refreshments will be provided.
About the Instructor
This meeting is only open to members of the HELO YPQI Cohort.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.