How to Create a Strong and Safe Culture and Climate through Restorative Justice (Seattle & Online, Jan & Feb)
STARS Credits: 12
Conflict happens. How can we promote stronger relationships in the face of harm, rather than deepening isolation and exclusion? Centering the themes of empathy, connection, accountability, and empowerment, this five-week course focuses on understanding and applying the principles of RJ to the After School and Youth Development setting. Participants will have an opportunity to articulate the philosophy of RJ, practice specific tools and strategies, and identify how the lens of Restorative Justice can be applied to their own after-school or youth development program.
This Low-Residency/Blended Learning Opportunity combines webinars/online learning with a full-day "Live" Training.
- 1st Webinar: January 17th (10am-11am)
- 2nd Webinar: January 24th (10am-11am)
- 3rd Webinar: January 31st (10am-11am)
- 4th Webinar: February 7th (10am-11am)
- Full-Day "Live" Workshop in Seattle: February 14th (8am-3pm)
- Participants will understand and articulate the five Restorative Principles of Restorative Justice.
- Participants will practice specific tools and strategies for promoting relationships before, during, and after conflict.
- Participants will identify how the lens of Restorative Justice can be applied to their own after-school or youth development program.
About the Instructor
Attend for Free: Licensed School-Age Care Scholarship
Thanks to our partnership with the Department of Early Learning (DEL), scholarships are available to providers working in licensed school-age programs to attend this workshop. Qualifying attendees will receive 12 STARS Credits.
Core Competency Content Area ?
- VI: Interactions with Children and Youth
- IX: Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- X: Youth Empowerment
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received. If you have a question regarding payment, please call School’s Out Washington at (206)-336-6936.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.