How to Create a Strong and Safe Culture and Climate through Restorative Justice (Seattle & Online, Nov & Dec)
STARS Credits: 12
Conflict happens. How can we promote stronger relationships in the face of harm, rather than deepening isolation and exclusion? Centering the themes of empathy, connection, accountability, and empowerment, this five-week course focuses on understanding and applying the principles of RJ to the After School and Youth Development setting. Participants will have an opportunity to articulate the philosophy of RJ, practice specific tools and strategies, and identify how the lens of Restorative Justice can be applied to their own after-school or youth development program.
This Low-Residency/Blended Learning Opportunity convenes weekly (over 4 weeks) via phone conference to discuss and reflect on the week’s assigned lesson. This culminates in a full day, in person workshop where our cohort will come together to practice new techniques, and role play scenarios.
- 1st Webinar: November 8th (10am-11am)
- 2nd Webinar: November 15th (10am-11am)
- 3rd Webinar: November 29th (10am-11am)
- 4th Webinar: December 6th (10am-11am)
- Full-Day "Live" Workshop in Seattle: December 13th (8am-3pm)
- Participants will understand and articulate the five Restorative Principles of Restorative Justice.
- Participants will practice specific tools and strategies for promoting relationships before, during, and after conflict.
- Participants will identify how the lens of Restorative Justice can be applied to their own after-school or youth development program.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
- VI: Interactions with Children and Youth
- IX: Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- X: Youth Empowerment
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received. If you have a question regarding payment, please call School’s Out Washington at (206)-336-6936.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.