Leadership Lab (Dec 15, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
STARS Credits: 2
Leadership is not a skill that you are born with, or one that inherently manifests itself. It is something that happens after years of struggle, discipline, and breakthroughs. A quick search on Amazon reveals over 190,000 titles about leadership, telling readers the specific methods that others have used in their organizations. Millions of these books are sold every year. However, no manual can give you the experience you need that is necessary to be a successful leader.
The Leadership Lab allows you to work on specific skills of leadership, learning what works for you as an individual, and understanding your unique style. The experiential learning in this workshop gives participants the physical experience of trying each skill, and the ability to replicate that in their daily practice. It is a safe place to experiment, find results, make conclusions, and test theorem. The workshop also encourages collaboration between participants, creating a network of shared knowledge between like-minded peers.
The session is aimed at those who are experiencing change in their organization, those who want to be a catalyst for change, and those who want to use change to help their organization evolve.
Participants will practice:
- Interpersonal communications
- Committing to action
- Ensuring follow through
- Understanding how to tell an effective story to inspire others
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.