Leap Into Science: Balance Workshop (Seattle, Sep. 25)
STARS Credits: 4
Registration for Leap into Science is through our partner, The National Girls Collaborative (Register here!) Registration is closed through the School's Out Washington website.
Leap into Science is a nationwide program developed by The Franklin Institute Science Museum that integrates open-ended science activities with children’s books, designed for children ages 3-10 and their families. The program empowers educators to offer workshops in community settings like libraries, museums, and out-of-school time programs to engage underserved audiences in accessible and familiar settings.
Organizations participating in Leap into Science will:
- Send a group of two or more educators (whenever possible) to a 4-hour of training on the high-quality science and literacy curriculum
- Receive ongoing support and become a part of a Leap into Science National Network
- Have access to the national Leap into Science leadership team and online resources
- Participate in ongoing evaluation activities (i.e. surveys, interviews, site visits)
- Receive one set of curriculum and materials kit per organization (valued at $300)
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
- II: Learning Environment & Curriculum
- III: Child/Adolescent Observation and Assessment
- IV: Families, Communities, and Schools
- VII: Program Planning and Development
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received. If you have a question regarding payment, please contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or (206) 336-6903.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.