Leap Into Science Educator Training "Light & Shadows" (Licensed Programs, Seattle, Aug 14)
STARS Credits: 4
Due to safety concerns of COVID-19, registration is temporarily closed. Please stay tuned to see if this training will be virtual or postponed to a later date.
Take a Leap Into Science! Leap into Science programs for libraries integrate open-ended science activities with children’s books, designed especially for children ages 3-10 and their families. Washington State Library is partnering with libraries, museums, and other afterschool providers to build capacity for STEM learning across our state using this nationwide program from The Franklin Institute Science Museum & the Free Library of Philadelphia.
The 2020 curriculum topic for Leap Into Science is "Light & Shadows." By choosing to participate in this training, educators/teams are committing to provide a total of three (3) family workshops.
- We strongly encourage teams of two (2) or more people to register for this training. Space is limited to 12 participants.
- Registration open to Licensed Care School-Age Providers with valid STARS IDs.
Leap Into Science Commitment
Educators/Teams will receive:
- Their own Leap into Science program kit with materials valued at $300.
- Ongoing support from the Leap Into Science National Network.
- Access to the national Leap into Science leadership team & online resources.
Educators/Teams will commit to:
- Provide at least three (3) workshops for children & families living in underserved rural/urban communities.
- Participate in quarterly calls with other trained educators in WA state.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation activities (i.e. surveys, interviews, site visits)
- Leading Leap into Science activities during National Leap into Science Week during the last week of February.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.