Leap Into Science Educator Training (Mar 25)
STARS Credits: 2
The 2021 curriculum topic for Leap Into Science is Light & Shadows. By choosing to participate in this training, educators and teams are committing to provide a total of three (3) family workshops. Please read full information below before registering.
Become an Educator
Informal educators from libraries, museums, and out-of-school time programs are invited to sign up to be trained in Leap into Science curriculum and facilitation strategies. All educators must register and attend this training in order to provide Leap Into Science programs.*
*We strongly encourage teams of two (2) or more people to register to become a Leap Into Science Educator Team. Please have all team members register.
Benefits for Educators
- FREE Evidence-based curricula and kit of materials
- Professional development in how to lead Leap into Science workshops for young children and families
- Network of informal educators in your state, and nationally, who are committed to science and literacy
- Ongoing technical support from your state leaders and national project team
Expectations for Educators
- Lead at least three workshops per year for children and families
- Lead an event during National Leap into Science Week (last week of February)
- Participate in quarterly calls for trained educators in your state
- Complete brief online surveys after each event and at end of program year
Please reach out to to the Leap Into Science trainer, Nerrisah Townsend, at email@example.com for more information.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.