Learning Engagement Online and with Physical Distance (BSK, Oct 22, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
STARS Credits: 2
How can we promote active and collaborative learning when we’re separated in virtual programs or with physical distancing protocols in person? How can we support young people in taking initiative and working together to solve problems and explore?
Join us to learn about the foundations of active learning and collaborative learning, and develop strategies to meet the unique needs of your program and your young people in our new context.
Please note that this will be a virtual event, and it is strongly recommended to participate using a computer.
Join Zoom Meeting (Password listed on BSK Program Quality Timeline)
About the Instructor
This training is available to members of the community, and prioritizes registration for Best Starts for Kids cohort members.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.