Mapping Multiracial & Cross Cultural Identities Part II - English (Feb 9)
STARS Credits: 2
“What are you?” “You don’t sound Mexican!” “Where are you from?” are micro aggressions that can impact the identity, sense of security, and threaten the development of multiracial and/or cross-cultural youth. In this training participants will begin their exploration of the different stages of identity development and familiarize themselves with the PolVan Cultural Identity Model. Participants will begin mapping and discussing research based behaviors and experiences within several identities under the Cross-Cultural Umbrella including: Bi/Multicultural Youth, Third Culture Kids, Children of Refugees, International Adoptees, Children of Immigrants amongst others.
For those who did not attend Part I, additional materials will be made available in advance.
Part II in Spanish: February 16, 2021
Please note that this will be a virtual event, and it is strongly recommended to participate using a computer.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.