Virtual: Mapping Multiracial & Cross Cultural Identities (Spokane, Apr 25)
STARS Credits: 2
‘“What are you?” “You don’t sound Mexican!” “Where are you from?” are micro aggressions that can affect the identity, sense of security, and threaten the development of multiracial and third culture youth.
This training focuses on welcoming and creating spaces for professionals to practice their ‘attunement’ to different emerging identities and cultures within young people. We will be guiding participants through identity models including the multiracial cultural attunement model, working specifically around strategies to create spaces that affirm multicultural and multiracial identities.
*Although all participants are welcome, we highly recommend them to have attended the Cultural Responsiveness (Spokane, April 11) workshop first.*
Registrants will receive an email invitation and reminder to access the online training.
Virtual Training Details:
- Zoom links and additional resources will be sent to all registered participants before each training.
- Please note these will be interactive sessions, not informational webinars, so please come prepared to share and learn together!
- A strong WiFi/internet connection will be necessary for the meetings, which will have video, audio, and web-based learning components.
- Accessing the training over computer with access to web camera is highly recommended.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.