Online 30 Hour School-Age Basics - Kickoff and Closing Webinars (2020-2021)
STARS Credits: 30
This self-paced course meets basic STARS training requirements for those providing care to school age children in Washington State. The 30 Hour School-Age Basics course curriculum and learning outcomes meet Washington state Pre-Service Requirements.
4 Steps to Course Completion
- Participate in the Kick-Off Webinar.
- Complete the 10 Online Modules
- Complete and submit Homework before attending the Closing Reflection Webinar.
- Participate in the Closing Reflection Webinar.
Get started by clicking 'Register' to see the Kickoff and Closing Webinar Calendar!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who is this training for?
This training is for all staff working with school-age children (5-12 years) in Washington State. Please note this training does not meet requirements for staff working with preschool and infants (under 5 years). Please use the MERIT portal to search early learning training opportunities.
How can I get started with the Kick-off Webinar?
Click 'Register' to navigate to our 30 Hour Initial Training Requirement page. Select the 'Kick-off Webinar' that works best for your schedule. At the kick-off webinar you will receive all course materials, homework and access to the online training platform.
How quickly do I need to complete all four steps?
The course is self-paced, so it is up to you! Do check in with your program or supervisor, however, if they would like you to complete it within a certain timeframe.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Instructor
School-Age staff working in licensed childcare/before and after school programs.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.