Planning with Data (Mar 2)
STARS Credits: 2
Assessment and evaluation can supply a wealth of valuable data about the quality of a youth program. But assessment just provides the data - a list of numbers and words. To learn from the data and really use it effectively is a must for an efficient quality improvement system. That's what Planning With Data is all about. This training prepares participants to develop effective program improvement plans and to take this planning process back to their program settings.
1. Consider aspects of change and ways to stimulate a successful change initiative.
2. Read and interpret program quality data.
3. Create an effective improvement plan for their organization, based on data.
4. Create an effective plan for taking their plan back to their organization.
This workshop is for program managers and their teams who have self and/or external assessment SEL PQA data available for their program.
Site managers and other key staff and team members who are engaged in the quality improvement process should attend this workshop. A good portion of the workshop is dedicated to sites working with data and planning, so multiple staff from each site are encouraged to attend. Coaches and network advisers that have been or will be working with sites to implement plans and complete the improvement process are also encouraged to attend, and can work with sites during the workshop. External assessors or others may attend if they will be later engaged as trainers.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Ka'ohe Wong at kwong [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.