Quality Coaching (21st CCLC, Cle Elum, Apr 16, 2020)
A Quality Coach is a youth program professional who helps someone improve their program or the way they work with youth. This workshop focuses on helping staff improve through one-on-one consultation. The Quality Coaching method is based on the three main concepts of respect, observe, and support. The idea is to maximize productivity in the consultant/manager-staff relationship by starting with a foundation of respect, taking time to observe staff at the point of service and then supporting staff to develop professionally.
Who should attend?
Supervisors and consultants are provided with powerful tools to further help staff deliver high quality at the point of service. This workshop is a part of the YPQI Management sequence that also includes the Youth PQA Basics and Planning with Data workshops.
- Understand what a coach is
- Conduct observation-reflection
- Assess where they currently are with coaching
- Understand underlying theory of coaching and observation-reflection
- Transfer theory to new situations
This workshop is for 21st CCLC Cohort members only.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.