Registration & Kick-off Webinar: Online 30 Hour School-Age Basics (Jul 28, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM)
STARS Credits: 30
This kick-off (orientation) webinar is the first step to completing the 30 Hour School-Age Basics Online. The kick-off orientation is required before receiving access to the online course work and materials.
This course meets basic STARS training requirements for those providing care to school age children in Washington State. The 30 Hour School-Age Basics course curriculum and learning outcomes meet Washington state Pre-Service Requirements.
Please note this training does not meet requirements for staff working with preschool and infants. Please use the MERIT portal to search early learning training opportunities .
What to expect:
Registered participants will receive a Zoom invitation link that will be sent to their email used during registration. Please be sure to accept the invite.
- There is no pre-work required to attend
- Logistics and expectations will be included in email invite
Kick-Off Webinar will cover:
- New DCYF Online Training Requirement
- Review all steps to completion of 30 Hour STARS Online
- Live navigation of the online training platform
- Time for Questions
About the Instructor
School-Age staff working in licensed childcare/before and after school programs.
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.