SEL PQA Basics (Wallace/TWCI Phase 1 Schools, Oct 12)
STARS Credits: 7
The SEL PQA (Social & Emotional Learning Program Quality Assessment) Basics Live : Prepares participants to conduct program self-assessment, and is the first step in becoming an External Assessor in the SEL PQA. These trainings are primarily for site staff, especially site leads, but can also include anyone who will continue on the External Assessor track, program staff, funders, and other stakeholders. Please note that the SEL PQA is being piloted in 2017-2018.
- Become familiar with the “quality construct” that the SEL PQA represents.
- Learn the structure of the SEL PQA and how to use & score the instrument.
- Develop observation and note-taking skills to generate rich anecdotal evidence.
- Understand how program self assessment fits into a quality improvement cycle.
- Develop an implementation plan for conducting your program self assessment process.