Social Emotional Learning and Self-Care (Seattle, Jan 30, 2020)
STARS Credits: 3
Social Emotional Learning and Self-Care: Transforming Personal Practice to Better Serve YouthEducators and youth development professionals work tirelessly to run programs and take care of the young people we serve. In lives that are so often filled with stress, can we adopt an ethic of doing no harm to ourselves and our colleagues and work together to build our resilience and wellness? How do we build the personal habits and programmatic culture that allows us to thrive as individuals and a collective so we can better serve our youth? In this workshop on self-care, we will explore and practice habits and science around stress, trauma, mindfulness, and self-care strategies so you and your team can find more ease and power while running youth programs. Building your own understanding of stress and self-care will help you teach these essential skills and mindsets to the youth you serve as well. When we take care of ourselves and each other, everyone benefits!
“Self-care is never a selfish act - it is only good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others” - Parker Palmer
This Workshop is sponsored in partnership with Seattle Public Schools.
About the Instructor
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.