Structural Racism & Cultural Responsiveness Learning Series (Dec 2019 - Jun 2020)
STARS Credits: 17
School’s Out Washington is excited to offer a new foundational learning series focused on advancing cultural and racial equity within school-age and youth programs.
Our primary objective of the Structural Racism & Cultural Responsiveness Learning Series is to build a community of professionals that are confident in their ability to implement personal and organizational changes to promote racial equity at any position within an organization.
Meetings will be held primarily in South King County to accommodate participants from both Pierce and King Counties.
Please submit your SR/CR Learning Series Application prior to Friday, November 15, 2019.
- 7-month learning cycle (Dec 2019 - Jun 2020) of monthly meetings for cohort participants
- 17 STARS credits eligible to participants.
- Registration limited to 30 participants through a formal selection process.
- $0.00 - Licensed Care School-Age Providers (Fees Covered by DCYF)
- $275.00 - Standard Registration for all other program providers working with children 5-18 years old.
You can learn more by clicking here.
If you have immediate questions, or would like to request a fee reduction, contact the SOWA Statewide Training team at email@example.com.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.