Strategies for Working with Special Needs Afterschool (Seattle, Apr 28)
STARS Credits: 2
This workshop provides a foundational understanding of sensory processing and how it relates to behavior. We look at environmental modifications, individual accommodations, and the importance of movement in learning.
- To understand sensory processing and how it relates to behavior.
- To understand the sensory systems and their responsibilities.
- Recognize sensory difficulties.
- Modifications to environment.
- Accommodations to the child.
- Utilize sensory strategies at home and in the classroom.
- To understand the importance of sensorimotor and biomechanics as it relates to attention and function.
- Utilize sensorimotor activities at home and in the classroom.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.