Virtual: Foundations in Summer Youth Programming (Jul 1, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM)
STARS Credits: 2
Summer is here! Are you looking for a refresher in practices and activities to design and run safe and engaging programs for youth of all ages? Or are you wondering how to adapt your program as guidelines change due to COVID-19?
Join School’s Out Washington for a 2-hour virtual, interactive workshop designed to teach foundational practices to run summer programs for youth. We recognize that much has changed for summer programs, whether you’re running adapted in-person programs or are shifting to virtual (or a hybrid) programming. We’ll share resources for adapting your programming and spend time in learning-community-style dialogues to discuss your questions and ideas and practices from the field.
- Learn core practices that support safe & engaging summer programming
- Provide resources and space for learning-community discussions regarding adapting programs to new in-person or virtual programs.
Registrants will receive an email invitation and reminder to access the online learning community meeting.
Virtual Training Details:
- Zoom links and additional resources will be sent to all registered participants before each training.
- Please note these will be interactive sessions, not informational webinars, so please come prepared to share and learn together!
- A strong WiFi/internet connection will be necessary for this meeting, which will have video, audio, and web-based learning components.
- Accessing the training over computer is highly recommended.
About the Instructor
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.