Virtual: Breaking the Age Barrier (Spokane, Apr 7, 6:30-8:00 PM PT)
STARS Credits: 1.5
Do you work with a multi-age group of young people? Are you looking for supports around how to set up programming that meets the needs of a multi-age group?
Now, that most schools serve young people based on their age, it is important for us to discuss the ways in which multi-age spaces can impact young people positively. Participants will interact with one another to learn how to maximize positive youth outcomes in the multi-age space.
- Gain a better understanding of the historical context behind the multi-age philosophy and approach.
- Learn how to implement strategies that promote healthy relationships and youth engagement in a multi-age space.
Registrants will receive an email invitation and reminder to access the webinar. This interactive live training will be led by Maria Johnson & Sheely Mauck.
Webinar: Tuesday, April 7, 2020
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM PT
Registrants will receive an email invitation and reminder to access the online training.
Virtual Training Details:
- Zoom links and additional resources will be sent to all registered participants before each training.
- Please note these will be interactive sessions, not informational webinars, so please come prepared to share and learn together!
- A strong WiFi/internet connection will be necessary for the meetings, which will have video, audio, and web-based learning components.
- Accessing the training over computer with access to web camera is highly recommended.
About the Instructor
Core Competency Content Area ?
Quality Standard Domain ?
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
If you have a question regarding:
• Workshops in Spokane County, contact Benjamin Baird at bbaird [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in King County, contact Janell Jordan at jjordan [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Best Starts for Kids workshops or meetings, contact Lex Gavin at lgavin [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• Workshops in Pierce County, contact Holy Chea at hchea [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• OSPI - 21st Century Community Learning Center workshops, contact Lindy Ah Sam at lahsam [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• General Community Workshops or STARS Credit for Licensed Child Care Providers, contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org
• For all other inquiries regarding trainings or workshops, contact Sheely Mauck at smauck [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or call the Seattle main office number at 206.323.2396
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.