Winter Symposium - From Wellness to Empowerment (Tukwila, Jan. 31, 2019)
STARS Credits: 6.00
School’s Out Washington’s annual professional development winter mini-conference
returns on January 31, 2019 with the theme From Wellness to Empowerment. SOWA Winter Symposium is a full day of learning for expanded learning opportunity professionals. This year Winter Symposium will be held at the Tukwila
Community Center in Tukwila, Washington.
Strengthen your practices working with children and youth with Washington’s leading organization in supporting quality afterschool and summer programs.
Winter Symposium Schedule
Registration: 8:00 - 8:30am — Coffee & light breakfast is provided
Session 1: 8:45 - 9:15am — 90 minute workshop
Session 2: 10:30 - 12:00pm — 90 minute workshop
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00pm — Lunch is provided
Session 3: 1:00-2:30 pm — 90 minute workshop
Session 4: 2:45 - 4:15 pm — 90 minute workshop
More symposium workshop information will be coming soon!
Core Competency Content Area ?
- I: Child/Adolescent Growth and Development
- II: Learning Environment & Curriculum
- III: Child/Adolescent Observation and Assessment
- IV: Families, Communities, and Schools
- V: Safety and Wellness
- VI: Interactions with Children and Youth
- VII: Program Planning and Development
- VIII: Professional Development & Leadership
- IX: Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- X: Youth Empowerment
Quality Standard Domain ?
- Assessment, Planning & Improvement
- Cultural Competency & Responsiveness
- Family, School & Community Connections
- Leadership & Management
- Ongoing Staff & Volunteer Development
- Program & Activities
- Safety & Wellness
- Youth Leadership & Engagement
Most SOWA workshops and webinars are STARS approved. Classes fill quickly and registrations are processed in the order received. Your registration is not complete until payment is received. If you have a question regarding payment, please contact Nerrisah Townsend at ntownsend [at] schoolsoutwashington.org or (206) 336-6903.
SOWA reserves the right to cancel any training event two business days prior to the event. In case of cancellation, registrants will be notified and registration fees refunded. If you cannot attend a training event, we will refund your registration fees only if we are contacted at least two business days prior to the event. Otherwise, no refunds will be given.